Friday, August 30, 2013

Patience...

I'm getting pretty excited about everything. I just got an extra job completed last week, I spent this week pretty low-key with much less to do. I should work on my thesis sometime soon, but for the moment, I'm enjoying some off time.

I can't wait for next year ! I really want to start job hunting, start doing the paperwork and all that. Sometimes I feel a bit down, since the country I live in has terrible politicians whose bad decisions impact so many peoples' lives. I'm desperately waiting to go to a better place, my home country where there is less corruption and more human dignity. Taiwan is my home, I've only been there as a tourist since my late teens, but I'm homesick already. I can't wait to go with Doruk and start an adventure over there !

There are many qualified people, some of which are my friends, and it's shocking that here in Turkey they live in such poor conditions and do not get the salaries they deserve, no matter how hard they try. This city is ridiculously expensive due to taxes, so even if you earn lots, you have to be pretty careful when spending. The gas price has rocketed up to 5,14 liras per liter today, and the USD is almost 2 Turkish liras.

Step by step, day by day, I feel I'm approaching to my dream country. I'm feeling happy, and extremely lucky. All I need is some patience. That would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment